Thursday 6 September 2012

Institutional Investor Committee

It's been a while since I blogged about the IIC (version two), mainly because it doesn't seem to have done anything.

The last public statements I can see are from March, on audit (EU proposals) and executive pay (UK Govt proposals). On the former I would say that the IIC position is a lowest common denominator one, as I know there are institutional investors who take a different view. The content also looks very similar to that used in one of the IIC member's own presentations, which makes me think that this could mean it's just one body's position slightly rehashed.

The statement on the BIS consultation on executive says nothing specific on the actual proposals, probably because the key measure - a binding shareholder vote - was (I think) not supported by any of the IIC members. There is, however, some accompanying commentary which is worth a read.

There's nothing since March though. Nothing on the 'shareholder spring' (barf), or on the Kay Review. The latter surely is worthy of comment given that he proposes a new 'investor forum', which would presumably cut across the IIC's role?

Ho hum.
 

No comments: