Thursday 4 September 2008

166th toughest in the infants

I am not ashamed, I am vain enough to have had a look at whether I scraped into Iain Dale’s top political blogs list. And there I am, in at 166th. It’s even less impressive when you consider that only 590 blogs got voted for in total! Still, I’m in the top third, that’s what I’ll keep telling myself.

Notably none of the top 10 political blogs listed is a lefty one, and there are only three (I don’t count Lib Dems) in the top 20. That suggests that the list is still quite skewed by a right-of-centre readership. Also the list suffers from the curse of those Best Album EVAR lists which always include recent chod alongside the real classics (classics seemingly as defined by the readership of Q magazine that is). So you get a few newbie blogs (hey, I’ve been doing this for 18 MONTHS now) with limited track records alongside the old stalwarts.

But it’s the only list there is and as John Snow says ‘just a bit of fun’. And good to see some of my faves in the top 100. Personally I shall be knuckling down to ensure I achieve top quartile performance next year (market conditions permitting).

No comments: