- Most directors still have DB pensions - though this is declining because schemes are closed to new members.
- The odd externally-appointed director is being offered DB, but the large majority are getting DC, cash in lieu of pension, or nothing at all (though probably bigger basic salary).
- Median contribution to a director's DC scheme is... 20% of salary (typical employee can expect about 6%)
- Median payment in lieu of pension is... 29% of salary.
- Not data on extent of rapid accrual rates (1/30ths etc)
Thursday, 23 July 2009
Lane Clark & Peacock has put out its latest survey of pension provision for directors of FTSE100 companies. You can download it here. A few bits and bobs -