Wednesday 2 September 2009

Blogging light to moderate

The Family P are off to Norn Iron for our first trip to see the grandparents on their home turf. So I won't be blogging for a few days.

Before signing off, I should say that the book I mentioned a couple of days back is really pretty good. There's a part of me that is a bit sceptical of some of the interpretations that are laid over events/situations etc, but there's a lot of solid stuff in here. And even the stuff that is a bit more speculative is worth a read. 

The chapters on views of investors, financial market impact on governance structures, and networks in governance are all right up my street and have provided some useful info. But the chapter entitled Interpretive Politics at the Federal Reserve has been my favourite so far. It basically analyses conversations at the Fed in terms of the type of framing that was going on by Volcker and others. It might be a chronic case of reading far too much into too little, but it's good fun.

That's all folks.

No comments: